Because the design of streets in our communities have such potential to affect the well-being of surrounding homes and businesses, several municipalities have requested assistance from PPUATS to take a more detailed look at specific, significant street corridors or intersections. The following projects closely examine the current form and function of streets and provide a strategic guide to local decision-makers for future enhancements.
- East Peoria 4 Corners Study
- Peoria Heights Corridor Study
- Pekin Derby St. Corridor Study
- Sterling Avenue Traffic Counts/Signal Timing Plan
A lot of careful planning goes into building robust infrastructure that allows people and goods to efficiently travel between cities and towns. Potential and realized infrastructure improvements to the interstate and state highway system in or around the Greater Peoria region can be explored by clicking on the links to IDOT project pages below.
- Eastern Bypass Project Study
- McClugage Bridge Project
- IL Route 29 Study
- I-74 and I-155 Improvement Project
- IL-336 (Peoria to Macomb) Project Study