Surface Transportation Block Grant (STBG)
This page contains information about the PPUATS STBG program
STBG Preservation Set-Aside Pilot Program FYs 2023-2024
As of November 18, 2020, the Peoria-Pekin Urbanized Area Study (PPUATS) is currently evaluating project applications for Fiscal Years 2023 and 2024 Surface Transportation Block Grant (STBG) Preservation Set-Aside Pilot Program. Approximately $1.7 million will be programmed for eligible road preservation (resurfacing) projects in the PPUATS planning area.
Project applications are public information and available to view below. The application is a PDF with fillable forms and is best viewed with Adobe Reader (free download) or Adobe Acrobat.
- Instructions and Scoring Criteria (PDF)
- Application (PDF)
- Regional Pavement Management Program Phase I (web map)
- Submitted Applications and Attachments
Contact Ryan Harms (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions regarding the process.
What is STBG?
The Surface Transportation Block Grant (STBG, formerly referred to as STU) are federal funds allocated annually to the urbanized area through IDOT which are programmed by PPUATS. STBG funds may be used to fully or partially fund regionally-significant roadway projects in the Metropolitan Planning Area (MPA):
- New road projects
- Road reconstruction projects
- Road preservation projects – Applications being evaluated
For a detailed list of eligible projects, see the most current guidelines for PPUATS STU Application Procedures and Selection Criteria for New Roadways & Existing Roadways or the Resurfacing Pilot Program.
- Construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation, or operational improvements of roadways
- Projects relating to intersections that have high accident rates and/or high congestion levels
- Capital costs for transit projects eligible for assistance under Chapter 53 of Title 49
- Transportation alternatives, including recreational trails
- INELIGIBLE: Engineering, ROW Acquisition, Utility Relocation, all other activities otherwise eligible under 23 USC 133 Surface Transportation Block Grant Program
Dues-paying members of PPUATS are eligible to apply for funding. Non-member local jurisdictions within the PPUATS planning area must be sponsored by a PPUATS member.