Surface Transportation Block Grant (STBG)
This page contains information about the PPUATS STBG program
FYs 2023-2024 STBG Traditional Program
The Peoria-Pekin Urbanized Area Study (PPUATS) is currently accepting project submissions for Fiscal Years 2023 and 2024 Surface Transportation Block Grant (STBG) Traditional Program. The FYs 23-24 Traditional Program includes road/intersection reconstruction and new roadways. Approximately $6.2 million dollars will be available for eligible road projects in the PPUATS planning area.
Project applications are due to staff by Friday, April 10, 2020 at 4:00pm. The application is a PDF with fillable forms and is best completed with Adobe Reader (free download) or Adobe Acrobat.
- Call for Projects
- Instructions and Criteria
- Application for New Roadways
- Application for Existing Roadways
- PPUATS/MPO Urbanized Area Map
Contact Ryan Harms (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions regarding the process.
The Surface Transportation Block Grant (formerly referred to as STU) are federal funds allocated annually to the urbanized area through IDOT which are programmed by PPUATS. STBG funds may be used to fully or partially fund regionally-significant roadway projects in the Metropolitan Planning Area (MPA):
- New roadway projects
- Roadway enhancement projects
- Roadway resurfacing projects
For a detailed list of eligible projects, see the most current guidelines for PPUATS STU Application Procedures and Selection Criteria for New Roadways & Existing Roadways or the Resurfacing Pilot Program.
- Construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation, or operational improvements of roadways
- Projects relating to intersections that have high accident rates and/or high congestion levels
- Capital costs for transit projects eligible for assistance under Chapter 53 of Title 49
- Transportation alternatives, including recreational trails
- INELIGIBLE: Engineering, ROW Acquisition, Utility Relocation, all other activities otherwise eligible under 23 USC 133 Surface Transportation Block Grant Program
Dues-paying members of PPUATS are eligible to apply for funding. Non-member local jurisdictions within the PPUATS planning area must be sponsored by a PPUATS member.