Surface Transportation Block Grant (STBG)
This page contains information about the PPUATS STBG program
STBG Preservation Set-Aside Pilot Program FYs 2023-2024
The Peoria-Pekin Urbanized Area Study (PPUATS) is currently accepting project submissions for Fiscal Years 2023 and 2024 Surface Transportation Block Grant (STBG) Preservation Set-Aside Pilot Program. Approximately $1.72 million dollars will be available for eligible road resurfacing projects in the PPUATS planning area.
Project applications are due to staff by Friday, October 23, 2020 at 4:00pm. The application is a PDF with fillable forms and is best completed with Adobe Reader (free download) or Adobe Acrobat.
- Instructions and Scoring Criteria (PDF)
- Application (PDF)
- Regional Pavement Management Program Phase I (web map)
Contact Ryan Harms (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions regarding the process.
What is STBG?
The Surface Transportation Block Grant (STBG, formerly referred to as STU) are federal funds allocated annually to the urbanized area through IDOT which are programmed by PPUATS. STBG funds may be used to fully or partially fund regionally-significant roadway projects in the Metropolitan Planning Area (MPA):
- New road projects
- Road improvement projects
- Road preservation projects – Call for Projects is open
For a detailed list of eligible projects, see the most current guidelines for PPUATS STU Application Procedures and Selection Criteria for New Roadways & Existing Roadways or the Resurfacing Pilot Program.
- Construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation, or operational improvements of roadways
- Projects relating to intersections that have high accident rates and/or high congestion levels
- Capital costs for transit projects eligible for assistance under Chapter 53 of Title 49
- Transportation alternatives, including recreational trails
- INELIGIBLE: Engineering, ROW Acquisition, Utility Relocation, all other activities otherwise eligible under 23 USC 133 Surface Transportation Block Grant Program
Dues-paying members of PPUATS are eligible to apply for funding. Non-member local jurisdictions within the PPUATS planning area must be sponsored by a PPUATS member.