Section 5310: Enhanced Mobility of Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities
The Section 5310 Program is a federal program administered by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA). As an MPO, TCRPC is a Co-Designated Recipient of Section 5310 funding, along with IDOT, for the Greater Peoria area. IDOT receives 55 percent of the funding allotment for its statewide Consolidated Vehicle Procurement (CVP) program. The remaining 45 percent of funding is allocated to TCRPC to be programmed for capital and operational expenses.
This funding program provides funding to eligible sub-recipients to help improve mobility for seniors and individuals with disabilities by removing barriers to transportation services and expanding the available transportation mobility options. Private non-profit organizations, state and local government authorities, and operators of public transportation services that provide transportation services within the Peoria-Pekin urbanized area are eligible to receive Section
Call for Projects
As of Wednesday, August 16, TCRPC is happy to release the Call for Projects for Section 5310 funding to increase mobility for seniors and individuals with disabilities in the Peoria-Pekin urbanized area. Applications will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. on Friday, September 15, 2023. Applicants should submit their funding requests digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more info, contact staff by email at email@example.com or by phone at 309-673-9330
The program provides grant funds for capital and operating expenses to eligible sub-recipients for:
- Public transportation projects planned, designed, and carried out to meet the special needs of seniors and individuals with disabilities when public transportation is insufficient, inappropriate, or unavailable;
- Public transportation projects that exceed the requirements of the ADA;
- Public transportation projects that improve access to fixed-route service and decrease reliance on complementary paratransit; and
- Alternatives to public transportation projects that assist seniors and individuals with disabilities with transportation
For a more detailed list of eligible activities, see the Call for Projects Announcement above.
Note: Under Section 5310, Eligible Activities are broken down by the FTA into two categories: Traditional Section 5310 Projects and Other Section 5310 Projects. Traditional Section 5310 Projects for the Peoria-Pekin urbanized area are programmed by the state through IDOT’s CVP program. TCRPC only programs Other Section 5310 Projects, activities that were eligible under the New Freedom program (Section 5317) which was rolled into Section 5310 under MAP-21.