Tri-County Regional Planning Commission (TCRPC) in Peoria, IL seeks a qualified GIS Specialist to fill the role of a GIS Specialist I or GIS Specialist II. The level in which this position is filled will be based upon an individual’s qualifications. All candidates must have a minimum of one year experience, preferably in a local government setting, using ESRI GIS software including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, and ArcGIS Server. The individual will:
- Provide GIS support and data analysis to support the Commission’s work program
- Create maps and graphics, perform database design and creation, and perform data input tasks including scanning and digitizing
- Design, implement and document spatial and data-driven applications
- Develop mobile geospatial applications,
- Work with partners to successfully manage various work tasks such as: performing software and date installs and training end-users
- Lead and assist various communities’ asset management projects including pavement management, transportation assets, and other utilities such as water distribution, sanitary sewer, and storm sewer.
- Familiarity with data collection procedures utilizing Trimble GPS units and ArcGIS Online
- Provide QA/QC vendor review of complex GIS data sets
- Stay current with GIS industry innovations and technology, software and hardware
The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in Geography, Computer Science, Urban Planning, or related field and one year of professional experience in the GIS field or internship. This position is full-time.
This position is open until filled. EOE.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Tri-County Regional Planning Commission
456 Fulton Street
Peoria, IL 61602