Tri-County Regional Planning Commission (TCRPC) in Peoria, IL seeks a qualified GIS Specialist to fill the role of a GIS Specialist I or GIS Specialist II. The level in which this position is filled will be based upon an individual’s qualifications. All candidates must have a minimum of one year experience, preferably in a local government setting, using ESRI GIS software including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, and ArcGIS Server. The individual will:
- Provide GIS support and data analysis to support the Commission’s work program
- Create maps and graphics, perform database design and creation, and perform data input tasks including scanning and digitizing
- Design, implement and document spatial and data-driven applications
- Develop mobile geospatial applications,
- Work with partners to successfully manage various work tasks such as: performing software and date installs and training end-users
- Lead and assist various communities’ asset management projects including pavement management, transportation assets, and other utilities such as water distribution, sanitary sewer, and storm sewer.
- Familiarity with data collection procedures utilizing Trimble GPS units and ArcGIS Online
- Provide QA/QC vendor review of complex GIS data sets
- Stay current with GIS industry innovations and technology, software and hardware
The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in Geography, Computer Science, Urban Planning, or related field and one year professional experience in the GIS field or internship. This position is full time.
This position is open until filled. EOE.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Tri-County Regional Planning Commission
456 Fulton Street
Peoria, IL 61602